Re: archetypes in lojban

Chris:
> In my opinion le'e and lo'e have broader application than the glosses
> "typical" and "stereotypical" suggest.  For example I think we decided to
> use lo'e in "I want a boat": mi djica lo'e bloti; where you can't say lo
> bloti because that would refer to a particular boat or boats.  Don't be
> confused by the negative connotations of "stereotype" in English.

I agree. Some other examples of {lo'e}:

        ko'a zbasu lo'e zdani
        He builds houses.

        ko'a kalte lo'e cinfo
        She hunts lions.

as opposed to:

        ko'a zbasu lo zdani
        He is building a house.

        ko'a kalte lo cinfo
        She is hunting a lion.
        (There is a lion that she is hunting.)

The plural of the English translations is not significant, what matters
is that it is a generic sumti. {lo'e} would also contrast with:

        ko'a zbasu loi zdani
        He is building some houses.

        ko'a kalte loi cinfo
        She is hunting some lions.
        (There are some lions that she is hunting.)

Jorge