>        lo'e remna cu seltru le terdi
>        i le terdi cu seltru le munje
>        i le munje cu seltru la daos
>        i la daos. cu seltru ri
>
>        Humans are ruled by the earth.
>        The earth is ruled by the universe.
>        The universe is ruled by the Tao.
>        The Tao is ruled by itself.
>
>I prefer using {turni} rather than {jitro} because it doesn't have that
>distracting x3 place.

A good point...{turni} also conveys the meaning of the chinese "fa" (roughy
"is governed") better.  Why did you use {seltru} rather than {se turni}?

>It still doesn't achieve the compactness of the Chinese phrase, though...

I'm trying to decide between conveying the meaning accuartely or keeping
closer to the short, simple tone...it's probably more accurate to say
"governed by the rules of" than just "ruled by", but it makes the tone
much more technical than the origional

co'o mi'e stiv

Steven Hazel
hazel@turing.cs.stedwards.edu