Re: lojban dialectology

>We ought to keep track of the various good ideas, mostly thought up
>by Jorge, for improving Lojban, that get rejected by Lojban Central
>because of the need to keep promises about getting a version of the
>language finished asap. Once those promises are kept, we can then
>evolve a dialect incorporating all these improvements. Or in fact we
>could start already, trying out these dialectal variants in usage.
>
>"Better lojban be better than it be finished" - let that be a motto.
>Or "Lojban finished is Lojban finished".

Instead, why not speak the language as defined and let it evolve NATURALLY
rather than by intent?  THAT os why I want Lojban "finished" - because it
is NOT the purpose of the language design effort to render itself
self-sutaining.  When people introduce new proposals by intention, that is
NOT The same thing as happens in natlangs.

lojbab