Re: Cispa Unicode

At 04:50 PM 5/22/96 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
>As you may have seen on Conlang, I am setting up a registry for
>Unicode codepoints representing the letters of constructed scripts.
>(For information on Unicode, see http://www.unicode.org)
>
>Here is a preliminary list of characters for the Cispa script.
>Please look it over and tell me any additions and corrections needed:
>
>U+xx00	CISPA LETTER A
>U+xx01	CISPA LETTER E
>U+xx02	CISPA LETTER I
>U+xx03	CISPA LETTER U
>U+xx04	CISPA LETTER R
>U+xx05	CISPA LETTER Z
>U+xx06	CISPA LETTER S
>U+xx07	CISPA LETTER P
>U+xx08	CISPA LETTER T
>U+xx09	CISPA LETTER C
>U+xx0A	CISPA LETTER K

There is also a symbol for the glottal stop (a horizontal line) and a
punctuation dot.

>This assumes that the sequences AE, IE, SS, TT, CC, and KK are
>digraphs like English "th" and "ph", not single letters that
>happen to have two unconnected parts.

That is correct.

>Unfortunately, the Cispa TrueType font does not seem to work
>with Windows 3.1, so I can't inspect it.

Hmm.  That's odd.  I'm using the same version of FontMonger that I used back
when I was using Windows 3.1.  It only contains a small set of characters,
but that shouldn't be a problem.  Can you use Postscript fonts?

>If any information about Cispa numerals or punctuation marks
>exists (or if you even think that such information might come
>to exist in future), let me know, and I will add codepoints
>or reserve space, as the case may be.  Thanks.

I'll be adding characters for numbers and other commonly-used words (like &
in English), and extra letters for Mizarian languages other than Cispa.
More details will be on my Mizarian Mice page sometime next month.  There
probably will be about 50 symbols in all.

I have a lot of other scripts for various languages, but I don't use most of
them, with the exception of Olaetyan.  The Olaetyan script has probably
around 100 letters, counting all accented characters as separate letters,
plus 10 digits and punctuation.  I also have scripts for other languages
such as Kazvarad, Niskloz, Kazat ?akkorou, Rynnan, and Kelwathi.