Re: may the wind....

la andruc. cusku di'e

> There is a mechanism for making something figurative, by using pe'a and a
> closing marker which I can't remember. But this begs the important
> questions:

We ditched that.  It's now just "pe'a", with the usual UI rules operating:
modifies what it precedes, or affects the whole utterance at the
beginning.

> 1) What does "pe'a .a'o roroi brife le do trixe"  actually MEAN in lojban?

It means whatever the speaker intends it to mean.

> 2) How can pe'a be understood by lojbo without reference to their
> (non-lojban) culture(s)?

It cannot.

> 3) And, underlying these two: is there any point in using or even having
> pe'a?

The practical recognition that people will use non-constituent metaphors,
and the desire to have some way of distinguishing these from more normal
tanru.

--
John Cowan						cowan@ccil.org
			e'osai ko sarji la lojban