Re: inputs sought on publiocation of Lojban reference gramm

Logical Language Group writes:
>If the Lojban reference book, in hardbound at 600 pages were being offered
>at $30, would you buy it, and how many copies would you buy?
>If it were offered at $40, would you buy it and how many copies would you buy?

>From the point of view of someone living outwith the US I think it is
immaterial whether the price is $30 or $40.  600 pages, even printed
on thin "bible" type paper is going to cost a fortune to ship.  Also,
I am not keen on telling the world my credit card number and the cost
of a bank cheque/check in $US from the UK is about 25% of the price of
the book.

If the book was to be published with an ISBN then (UK) bookstores (and
libraries) would be willing to order it on request.  If it is
published without an ISBN then it joins the mass of grey publications
that are next to impossible to obtain.

Is the binding true (stitched) casebound hardback or perfect (edge
glued) binding in hard covers? I would much rather see sprial or comb
binding than perfect binding, particularly with a fat reference book
which is opened repeatedly at the same pages.  Paperback manuals eject
their pages after a short while.

On the question of quantity - one.

        Regards,
            Graeme

|   Graeme Dunbar                                                   |
|   School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering                 |
|   The Robert Gordon University                                    |
|   Schoolhill                               Tel. +44 1224 262415   |
|   Aberdeen   AB10 1FR                      Fax  +44 1224 262444   |
|   Scotland   U.K.                 email  g.r.a.dunbar@rgu.ac.uk   |