Re: RET: proposing a lujvo

la markl di'e cusku

> As a reminder, here's the latest revision of the Lojbanic
> context in which I proposed the lujvo {solsetyvi'u}:
> =

> .i zo solsetyvi'u cu lujvo lesi'o vimcu le barsenta
> cidro le solri  .i.a'o lenuzo'e solsetyvi'u nu'o zengau
> le solri selxaktei

I think it's clear. I wouldn't use "zo'e", which doesn't
add anything: an empty place is equivalent to one filled =

with zo'e, so using zo'e there is redundant. I would not
have used nu'o either, instead of ka'e, since I assume
that what nu'o adds to ka'e is not part of the hope. =

Also, I think you should use tarci rather than solri. A solri
is a star with planet and tenants included. Your hydrogen =

peeling could apply to any star, even those with no planets, =

or with uninhabited planets. So:

tarsenta [tarci senta]: s1 s2=3Dt1  =

                        x1 is a layer of star x2.

tarsetyvi'u [tarsenta vimcu]: v1 v2=3Dts1 v3=3Dts2 v4=3Dts2
                x1 peels layer x2 off star x3 leaving =

                star x4, the same star only thinner.

> However, the sun's consumption of its own hydrogen, despite
> its relevance, is _not_ what I had in mind when I coined
> the lujvo {selxaktei}.  I had in mind the phrase "resource
> type-of timespan" {selxaksu temci}, which was my attempt to
> improve upon the English phrase "useful life", in which the
> sun, during the "useful" portion of its "life"-span {temci},
> is a resource {selxaksu} for DNA-kind, and not just for the
> sun itself.

How about this:

mivylivla [jmive livla]: l1 (l2=3Dj1)
                         x1 is a life fuel/resource.

mivlilze'e [mivylivla zei ze'e]: x1 is the time interval during =

                        which x2 is a life-fuel.

I prefer ze'e to temci because temci is the interval between
two time points. Here you are not concerned about these points.

>    How do I specify that I am
> referring to the sun primarily as a resource for DNA-kind?

I don't know how to say DNA in Lojban. It would probably
not be dy.ny.abu from English, nor abudy.ny from Spanish =

(ADN: =E1cido desoxirribonucleico). We should probably first =

translate deoxyribonucleic acid into Lojban and get a short
form from that. Any suggestions?

co'o mi'e xorxes