Re: RET: proposing a lujvo

>> perhaps solri xaksu fanmo fanta
>
>"Preventing the end" {fanmo fanta} of the sun's useful life
>--More--
>would be nice, but IMO is much too ambitious; postponing
>or delaying the end seems more realistic, if we can even
>mention realism in such an exotic context!   %^)
>
>Can anyone suggest a tanru or lujvo for "postpone" or
>"delay"?

Given the context you presented, perhaps something like

depri'a/depygau fu(?) le pu'u solri xaksu

although your explanation might better be converyed with masno rather than
denpa since you aren't really trying to temporarily stop the process
either, but rather to slow it down.  Just using these two words (masno and
denpa) and their places, you can see that there may not be just one Lojban
word for English "delay/postpone".  Add in the gismu for interfere and
interrupt and the possibilities grow greatly.

Regarding your other comments in response to me, I think that all I needed
was a hint of science fictional context  (sekai leka balvi saske selstidu)
and I would have taken your definitions as possibly lying outside my
former specialty as an astrophysics major in college 25 years ago.

lojbab