Re: ma'oste

In message <861219039.0911088.0@vms.dc.lsoft.com> eflamini@UNS.EDU.AR writes:
> >ma djica lenu mi benji ti vo'a
> [Iain Alexander]
>
> It seems to work, but I'm not sure whether 'vo'a' repeats the first place of
> 'djica' or that of 'benji'.

 vo'a      KOhA4    x1 it
 pro-sumti: repeats 1st place of main bridi of this sentence

I'm fairly sure that means the outermost bridi.
If you want to refer to the first place of the current bridi (in this
case that of {benji}), you can use {le nei}.

and Lee Daniel Crocker <lcrocker@CALWEB.COM> comments:
> Couldn't that be solved by terminating the description sumti explicitly?
> "ma djica lenu mi benji ti ku vo'a"

No, because that puts {vo'a} itself in the third place of {djica}
(the purpose of the desire), instead of that of {benji}, which
is what we wanted.

eflamini@UNS.EDU.AR:
> Alternatively, if ko'a is not assigned so far, and context ensures the
> desired interpretation, you could say
>
> ma djica lenu mi benji ti ko'a

That might be understood, but it's not very satisfactory.
If you're going to use something vague, you're probably just
as well using {ra}.
--
Iain Alexander               PGP 1024-bit key id B501A0AD
ia@stryx.demon.co.uk   I.Alexander@bsn0106.wins.icl.co.uk