Re: coi

Logical Language Group wrote:

[snip]
> If you are truly doing it daily or nearly so, and putting in more than
> a half hour a day, we are recommending that people change to Gaining
> Control rather than New Word REview mode, since it works faster and
> better.

    Yes, thank you, it does work better.  I'm not sure I'm learning new
words any faster, but I feel much more in control of the words I do
know.  I'm up to around 350 words in my "under control" pile...

> We also can then get data for research, since LogFlash saves such data
> once you get into Gaining Control Mode.

    Oh?  What does it record, exactly?  And how/when should I send it to
you?

[snip]
> We have a dearth of text extracted and posted that is simple.  However
> if you scan the Lojban List archives for the past couple of years, you
> will find a lost more simple and conversational level text.

    Okay, I will look there.

    But why not put more simple text on the webpage, or somewhere else
obvious?  And have you considered putting up some sound samples?

[snip]
> Write and post away.  I suspect that your grammar is going to be fine.
> It isn't as hard as it looks, andsome of the people who read the list
> are pretty good at figuring out what you meant to say if you come even
> remotely close in a conversational context.

    Well I've tried making some sentences, but I really don't yet
understand anything beyond the level of actor-action -- that is,
conditionals, connections, embedded desciptions,.. how to make a
sentence that actually says something.
    I have some idea of how to say simple, concrete things like "le
nixli cu lebna le xunre rozgu," but when it comes to translating most of
my normal english thoughts I am lost.

    Let me get back to you after I've read a little bit more of the
reference grammar, textbook, etc...

[snip]

--
SwiftRain <swifty@elision.com> -- http://www.elision.com/sr/