Re: cnino selsanga

"Jorge J. Llambias" <jorge@INTERMEDIA.COM.AR> wrote:
>la ed cusku di'e
>
>> cusku le panononotupcurnu
>
>Nice translation! A couple of comments: "le panononotupcurno"
>means "each of the 1000 leg-worms", not "the 1000-leg-worm".
>The latter might be "le pavnonynonynontupcurnu", or
>better "le ki'ortupcurnu".
>
>Also, if you want the tupcurnu to be in the x1 place
>of cusku you need to use a "fa" there.
>
>> mi plipe fu li sososo li'u
>
>I wouldn't put a number in the x5 of plipe.
>Perhaps something like "mi plipe fu le sososomei".
>
>co'o mi'e xorxes

I assumed that I would get some of it wrong. I realized that millipedes
can't move on a number, and I knew there was a problem with the name.
Thanks for pointing out the missing 'fa' and 'mei'.

Now if I can work these corrections in and still fit the words to the
tune...Let's try this.

le ki'ortupcurnu                      The Thousand Legged Worm

cusku fa le ki'ortupcurnu             Said the thousand legged worm
fi le drata ki'ortupcurnu             To a thousand legged worm,
fe lu xu viska le tuple be mi         "Has anybody seen my leg?
i. lenu na facki ku                   If it can't be found
rinka lenu                            I'll have to hop around
mi plipe fu le sososomei li'u         On the other nine hundred ninety nine."

.i sosomei                            Ninety nine,
.i sosomei                            Ninety nine,
.i mi plipe fu le sososomei           On the other nine hundred ninety nine.

--
Edward Cherlin       Help outlaw Spam     Everything should be made
Vice President     http://www.cauce.org      as simple as possible,