LogFest ends

LogFest has ended, al little earlier than usual, as everyone left before rather
than fater dinner, due to various trnasportation and family needs.

Much was discussed, and much was decided.  I will take a little time to
describe everything in a couple of days, but here are some brief notes.

1) Dave Barton has become a member of the Board of Directors and has taken
oin the responsibility to help me get our order fulfillment and general services
to our customers out of the deep freeze.  I think you who have 3waited too long
will see some rapid imporvement.  he will also be taking charge of order
fulfillment for the upcoming books, which means that thaey will get out the
door.

2) The likely price of the book will be a cover price of US$48. But we will
accept direct orders for the first few months of publication for US$39, and
pre-publication orders will cost $35.  WE ARE NOT YET TAKING SUCH ORDERS,
but will do so within a couple of weeks, when Dave knows how he wants things
to work.

3) The next book likely to actually see print will not be the long dictionary,
but a pocket dictionary similar to one that we made up ad hoc here, and which
Nora and I have used for the last few years.  The advantage is that such a book
 will be much cheaoper to piublish and sell, and thus we will not be stretching
ourselves financially before putting it out.  A pocket dictionary will also
be more useful to people actually trying to use the language in coversation
than a larger tome because of portability.  More details as we know them, but
 don;t be surprised if this is out within a very few months.

4) Many ideas surfaced for getting more people to use Lojban now that we will
have a book out.  Expect to see more volume and more Lojban on Lojban List.
Again, more details later.

My complimets to the several people who showed up for IRC sessions, including
people from Sweden, Belgium, UK, Argentina, Australia, and the USA (and perhaps
others).

That's all for now.  I need some rest.

lojbab
----