Re: Software update

Chris wrote:

> If you don't like messing with buggy alpha software, I
> suggest waiting a few days until I have verified that
> someone else can get it to work.

It seems to work fine for the first word I look up, but when I retype
a second word in any way (erasing the first word, or starting a new
line, or using File-New to clear the buffer) and try to look it up I
get an error ("Object variable not Set") and the program terminates
itself.

Suggestion for improvement: Perhaps you could make a feature where it
only picks out whole word matches. For example, typing `red' and
doing an English->gismu lookup gives many matches when `red' is part
of another word, for example `compaRED'. This might be more awkward
to implement; if so don't bother - it's very useful as it is :)

Also, is it possible to make the definition text selectable for
copy/paste? Then if, for example, you were writing in Lojban but
didn't know a word, you could write in the English word, look it up,
select the portion of the description you want, and paste that in.
Maybe this is excessive laziness though :)

I think this is a great program which could prove to be very useful -
thank you very much for providing it.

--
George Foot (george.foot@merton.ox.ac.uk)
Merton College, Oxford.