The ckafybarja reborn

John Hodges  (and Chris in response) appear to have kicked off our attempt
to revitalized the long-idle ckafybarja project in a new form.  The original
idea was to set a common fictional setting that Lojbanists could individually
orcollectively use as a basis for writing in the language.  That aspect of the
project remains.

However, at LogFest it was decided that we need a more lively, shorter term
and less formal interchange between Lojbanists, in the manner of IRC or perhaps
the conversations between Jorge Lllambias and Goran Topic and others that
graced this list a couple of years ago.

As such, we are encouraging any and all Lojbanists to write daily or at least
once a week in Lojban, and to post that writing to the list.  This writing
can be actual correspondence with another poster, can be a diary-like
description of something that happened (as John did with his posting on looking
for a certain celestial event), or can even be a fictional occurence possibly
using the ckafybarja as a setting.  For the latter we envision that people
 woulduse themselves or a created persona who would walk in to the ckafybarja
 and
start talking to the other patrons there who might be listening ( or just
walk in and describe yourself and let someone else initiate the conversation
if you prefer).  For the latter, we suggest that subject lines be tagged with
"ckafybarja:" or some short but obvious abbreviation.

The ground rules of these writings are that in most cases they should be
SHORT - under 8 sentences was suggested, and even 1-3 sentences would be
excellent for most people.  The idea is to make it easy for even new Lojbanists
to set a target to write such an amount on a regular basis, and also that they
not feel intimidated by the size of a chunk of Lojban that they need to read in
order to respond.

The other major grounfd rule is that we try to avoid correcting grammar and
vocabulary in the context of the writings.  It is too easy on this list, we
have found, to get the critiques of text to bog down into long technical
discussions.  These are fine, in or out of Lojban, buyt should be marked as
distinct from ckafybarja postings so that people can skip them if the wish.

more later.  Gotta meet the printer representative.

lojbab
----