Re: 'your will' as sumti

> If "desire" is the right translation for "will" (I think the
> original poster's "motivated act" is better), then the sentence
> would be {ko gasnu le se djica be do}.

Hmm, I think you're right about that part.  {ko gasnu le do djica} would
probably translate to "do your desiring" or "go ahead and desire."  So
the better phrase would be {ko gasnu le se djica be do}.

I disagree about {mukti}, however, unless you think that slaves working
in a field are doing their own wills, simply because they are motivated
by a whip.  Hmm, unless you specify that YOU are the one motivating
yourself.  This means that you must fill in the x1 place with {do}: {se
mukti do do} (I'm weak on constructing sumti, so I know that needs work
to be useable).

Even then, I wonder about {mukti}, because I often need to motivate
myself to do things like file my taxes, even though it is not my "will."
Maybe I'm trying to interpret "will" too narrowly?

News flash - according to my Webster's dictionary, "will" means "wish or
desire often accompanied by determination"  (Yes - I did pick which
definition to use here, I think it is the most appropriate.  Further: it
is only a little desktop paperback - your mileage may vary :-)

Perhaps what is needed here is a lujvo?

rik.