Re: Knowledge and Belief

la stivn. cusku di'e

> There is church down the street from me where
> parishioners saw a statue of Mary weeping. They *know*
> that this happened, because they saw it with their own
> eyes. The senses are fallible.

la markl. spuda la stivn. di'e

The senses are fallible, but they are not always wrong!

Pragmatically speaking, extraordinary claims may require
extraordinary evidence, but ordinary claims are often
accepted casually.  Is it really so hard to believe that
the pitcher at a baseball game has thrown a pitch?  Is it
really so outrageous to say that the catcher *knows* the
pitch has been thrown?