Re: Knowledge & Belief

At 08:52 PM 12/30/97 -0300, Jorge J. Llamb=EDas wrote:
>Rob:
>>>ko ga'inai fraxu mi le porpi fau tavla
>>
>>Hmmm, maybe that should have read ga'inai ko fraxu mi le porpi fau tavla.
>>
>>Since I want you to know I felt meek rather than I want you all to
>>feel meek <grin>.
>
>In both cases ga'inai applies to the speaker, the difference being
>that in one case is with respect to the whole bridi and the in the other
>with respect to the word ko.

Hmmm...Ok, well, then the first version is probably more what I mean.
I wanted to leaven the imperative with some meekness :-)

>What you do need to change is {fau}. You probably meant {nu} there.
>
>Also, what is it that's being shattered into pieces? :)

Well, I could not find a word for "interuption" so I tried to make
a descriptive tanru "le porpi fau tavla" "the break in the event of=20
talking". I also thought that with a tanru like "porpi tavla" that the
tanru would take the place structure of tavla since that's what's being
modified, so no pieces just unspecified talkers and subject.

Rob Z.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
-- Groucho Marx