Re: knowledge and belief

>In PGP, you have keys passed around, but what needs certification is
>whether the key actually belongs to the person it claims to.  I can sign
>Lojbab's key, to certify that I am convinced that it really belongs to the
>person it says it belongs to, and then John could be "sure" that the key
>belongs to Lojbab, IF he is also "sure" that my key belongs to me
>(i.e. that the signing key is valid) AND if he is satisfied, knowing me,
>that I am not ditzy and would not sign a key without being certain that it
>really belonged to the person.  This trust propogates in this manner,
>forming what they call the web of trust.
>
>Application to djuno/birti is left as an exercise to the reader (mostly
>because I'm not sure of it myself)
>
>~mark

Far better put than I could or did %^)

The sureness that you feel is ni or jei birti a degree of certainty -
trust is conveyed by birti. But knowing that the value of the key is X
(translated by djunom, with epistemology being however I obtained said
key value) is really only "being convinced" that the key value is X
(presuming that one would not load a key into ones linrary if there was no
reason to believe it is valid.

Trust/certainty is an emotional basis for truth (which may have a rational
underpinning but may not).  Convincedness I am trying to suggest is more
of a justified sense of knowledge.

I am interested in adding useful sysnonyms to the glosses whereever possible
since it makes the eventual dictionary clearer and also richer in English
coverage.  I am also interested in making sure that a sense of "knowledge"
by X is somehow dependent on speaker Y (not mentioned in the bridi) accepting
the truth of the se djuno seems contra-LOjbanic.  We would need some lujvo
that expressly incorporates the speaker as a place:

x1 knows that x2 is true about x3 according to epistemology/et. al. x4
which is considered valid by speaker x5.

I am sure that place structure can be generated in a few ways lujvonic.

lojbab
----