Re: knowledge and belief

>>If those don't work as epistemologies for {jetnu}, why should they work
>>as epistemologies for {djuno}?
>
>Maybe they do. If the x4 place of <djuno> can be <le nu viska>, then I see
>no reason that the x2 place of <jetnu> can't be <le nu viska> But it is not
>clear to me how <djuno> differs from <krici>.

krici has no x4 epistemology place - belief/faith without supporting
evidence necessarily being available is itself a kind of epistemology.

It is unclear to me whetehr we would want people to say that they krici
something anytime they djuno it - i.e. that djuno always implies krici.
It is certainly the case that krici only implies djuno if the x4 place is
filled with an abstractiuon of krici.  Djuno with unspecified x4 almost
certainly implies a rather more evidential epistemology than belief, though
I would not claim that it implies a form of "direct" knowledge (i.e. observation
or ogical deduction).

lojbab
----