Re: lojban 'a'

Lojbab:
> In general the vowels are defined as being ideally at positional
> extremes: hi front, hi back, mid front, mid back, and open, all preferably
> tense to contrast with the lax medial y.  Roundedness is not significant.
> The 5 Romance vowels are probably good  examples for a/e/i/o/u.

Don't forget the buffer vowel, for which I use [y]. Ideally I'd like
to swap my realizations of /y/ and the buffer, but this would
contravene the prescription.

Technically, if roundedness is really not significant then [y] is a
realization of /i/. But this way madness lies. If I start rounding my
front vowels and unrounding my back vowels then noone will know what
I'm saying.

mi`e &