Re: knowledge and belief

>> , nor in particular "krici is suitable for
>>epistemology". But I'm not really against using it as an epistemology
>>as long as it is also used as an epistemology in the x2 of {jetnu}.
>
>It can be.
>
>BUT, I think that jetnu will generally be regarded as claiming that
something
>is true by an epistemology such that the truth is generally recognized and
>not confined to a single person.

Then we agree! But I also think that the same thing happens with djuno,
it will generally not be used with exclusively personal epistemologies.

>Belief by one person does not generally
>serve as a general epistemolgy for truth, though presumably that person
alone
>could claim jetnu for a truth he believ3ed in.

Right, and the same goes for djuno. Otherwise people would use djuno
for everything: "I know because of belief" instead of  "I believe", "I know
because of opinion" instead of  "I opine", "I know because of guess"
instead of  "I guess", etc. Obviously not what "know" means in English,
and obviously not how {djuno} has been used.

> But I would not claim
>something is jetnu based on YOUR belief that it is true, only on my own
>belief.

Well, that's your choice. I would claim it by neither. Neither "it's true
because I believe it to be true", nor "it's true because lojbab believes
it to be true".

co'o mi'e xorxes