Re: fuzzy bears

Steve to me:
> >We haven't yet concluded the lapsed thread on countability. But
> >at any rate, <vofi'uze cribe> almost certainly means 4/7 of a
> >single bear.
>
> I don't think so. This is an indefinite description, no? Shouldn't it turn
> into: <vofi'uze lo ro cribe>? Isn't this currently nonsensical? If so,
> good, it is a niche of the language awaiting exploitation.

This has probably been answered already, but

<vofi'uze cribe> and <vofi'uze lo ro cribe>

are officially defined as equivalent in meaning. So no, it's
not nonsensical.

The unexplored niche that you might exploit is using numbers
like "most" as the inner quantifier. You'd have to find a way
of defining other numbers besides it, though.

Most compound numbers (i.e. consisting of a sequence of PA)
make no sense if they contain "most". So that gives you a
big space of unexplored nonsense to colonize.

All the same, I think a solution that generalized to all selbri
is better than one that works only in the innermost quantifier
slot in sumti.

--And