Re: fuzzy bears

Sorry if this has already come up. I'm trying to catch up with
mail.

Jorge:
> >(An aside that occurred to me while writing this: do outer quantifiers
> >get absorbed into KOhA assignments?)
>
> This was discussed before, but I don't remember what was
> the outcome. The quantifiers certainly do get absorbed, but I'm
> not sure whether it gets massified. For example:
>
>         i le ci cribe goi ko'a cu sipna
>         Each of the three bears (from now on koha) is asleep.
>
>         i ko'a vreta le ko'a ckana
>         (a) Each of them lies on each of the 3 beds.
>         (b) They lie on their beds.
>
> My preference is (b), i.e. that {goi} massifies the referents, but I
> don't remember what's the canon on this.

I prefer (b) too, sort of, but I don't understand it in terms of
massification. On the contrary. To me it means

   "Ax, x in a certain set: x is a bear, x is referent of "ko`a",
     x lies on x's bed.

Change the example to:

         i le ci cribe ku goi ko'a cu sipna
         i ko'a vreta le ko'a ckana

and I would understand it as saying that the set/group is referent
of "ko`a", & therefore that the whole group lies on the whole
group`s beds. I.e. a kind of massification.

--And