Re: Summary so far on DJUNO

>>.i pe'i .iadai le nuzba befi la .ia,us cu fatci

>But you never know with attitudinals. Is that to be taken as
>       i pe'i ( iada'i (le nuzba ... cu fatci)  )
>i.e., is my opinion about the others' belief? I'm not sure. Maybe it means
>that it is my opinion _and_ others' belief that...

This is a good point.  Why has the scope of attitudinals been left ambiguous?  I
 reckon there are only two possible interpretations: 'about' and 'and'.  There
 needs to a convention for choosing which is wanted.

>Also, pe'i only works for current opinions. In this case, the original
>says  "I thought that ...", which suggests that the opinion may now
>be under reconsideration, perhaps he no longer thinks that.

The cmavo ba'a does that.

    .i ba'anai pe'i .iadai le nuzba befi la .ia,us cu fatci
       I remember thinking someone else believed that Yahoo news is fact.

ni'o co'omi'e dn.