Re: Classes of cmavo

John:
> la .and. cusku di'e
>
> > > No, it's a morphological one.  Cmavo are of CV['[V]] form, or
> > > certain expanded forms, but in any case with only one C.
> > > Brivla invariably have more than one C.
> >
> > That seems to be more a phonological condition.
>
> Well, no.  Phonologically, "'" is a consonant, but it is not a
> C (a morphological term).

Since we are being wantonly pedantic, I would still claim that this
is a phonological matter, concerning the possible distribution of
phonemes within a root. It concerns the phonological rather than the
morphological structure of words.

An analogous example is the way in English morpheme-initial /D/ is
restricted to function words, and /D/ in general is found only in
function words or in quasi-inflectional elements.