Re: more epistemic perversity

At 09:54 PM 2/10/98 -0300, Jorge J. Llamb=EDas wrote:
<snip>
>>All that should matter reagrding MY knowledge is whether >I< think
>>it is true, and not whether I can convince someone else of that truth.
>
>But why do you want to call your opinions/assumptions/beliefs/assertions
>knowledge? If you wanted a general word for those then you shouldn't have
>used an English word that already has a different meaning.
>
>>I think that the internal consistentcy of Lojban requires this
>>understanding of "knowledge".
>
>The internal consistency of Lojban certainly cannot require the
>redefinition of an English word. If you want to call all opinions
>"knowledge", then that's your business, but other English speakers
>will disagree. But I think you meant to talk of the understanding of
>{djuno}, not the understanding of  "knowledge".

one word Jorge: strawman.

Rob Z.
"...That no government, so called, can reasonably be
trusted for a moment, or reasonably be supposed to have=20
honest purposes in view, any longer than it depends wholly=20
upon voluntary support."
--- Lysander Spooner,=20
    No Treason: the Constitution of No Authority