Re: zo djuno ce zo jetyju'o

a.rosta@uclan.ac.uk writes:

   This is surely the crux. Are we really going to have to interrogate
   Lojbab at inordinate length about the meaning of every gismu.

Yes!  Or else interrogate the simulation of him that we hold in our
minds.  (Quicker, easier, and probably not all that likely to give a
large number of false answers.)

   We just have two competing definitions of {djuno}. One, which is
   different from but akin to English "know", and which has been clearly
   articulated, ...

<ahem> Yes, you did make what I consider a clear articulation in one
of your summaries, and to my way of understanding it ended up on
examination as being similar to what Lojbab proposed.  This conclusion
is not what you intended, but is what I came to.

Hence, based on my experience of these discussions, I think we will
succeed just fine by interrogating our internal simulations of Lojbab,
and only occasionally raising matters for discussion.

--

    Robert J. Chassell           bob@rattlesnake.com
    Rattlesnake Enterprises      http://www.rattlesnake.com