Re: kissing (was: Re: Summary so far on DJUNO)

>Kissing mouth to mouth is undoubtedly the central concept,
>and there is a periphery which is definitely cut off
>("blowing kisses" is not a "nu cinba", because
>there is no x3).  But I think the extension to circles or other
>geometric objects ("locus" being itself a geometric term)
>is well within the pericentral area.

If you are willing to be metaphorical about the x1 and the x2 in cinba,
why can't you stretch x3.  A locus need not be a point.  Blowing kisses
has a locus x3 of the line between the kissers, which locus is specifically
highlighted by the blowing act.

It is a bit more of a stretch to put an X on a letter as a "kiss", but
even there the letter is serving as a "locus".

This doesn't mean that I favor stretching metaphorical usage in Lojban, but
if you open the door at all, the door can be forced quite wide by someone
with imagination.

lojbab