Re: fevpam?

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998 22:48:30 -0500, Logical Language Group
<lojbab@ACCESS.DIGEX.NET> wrote:

>>I need to represent the German "Dampfeinspruehung" (spraying in of
>>steam) as a Lojban lujvo.
>
>Jorge:
>>>So I get fevpam.
>>
>>Perhaps gacpambe [gapci pambe].
>
>I agree with many of Jorge's comments, though I am having trouble =
relating
>either word to the original concept.  pambe is a kind of apparatus that
>pumps - there is no implicating of spraying, and the stuff that sprays =
goes
>in one of the oblique places, even if one assumes that it could imply
>spraying.
>
>Myself, without knowing the German word itself, would presume as a base
>tertanru (modificand) sputu or perhaps carvi.  Steam is either gacyjau =
or
>jaurgacpi/jacygacpi.  So I would guess something like =
jaurgacpu'u/jacygacpu'u
>(I like the pattern in jacygac...).

I think there ought to be a "nu" in there, emphasizing the event of
spraying rather than the device that does the spraying, so =
"nunjacygacpu'u"
is a possibility; if spraying "in" is essential to the meaning, then
perhaps "nunjacygacyse'a" or "nunjacygacpe'a".

--
alien/fairy/furry art--> =
+----------<http://www.io.com/~hmiller/>----------

When sending email, please include the password GERBIL in the Subject =
line
to avoid the junk mail filter (http://www.io.com/~hmiller/junkmail.html).