Re: Lojban ML: Syllogism and sophism

Lojbab:
>On the other hand, if you are not looking for maximal aphorism, you can
refer
>on one as cirla joi kevna or even kevna cirla, and the other as cirla ni
marji
>(chesse mass) which decreases as the amount of hole increases.

I'm not sure how that helps. {le cirla joi kevna} can increase, decrease
or remain constant (in volume, in mass) as the amount of holes
increases, depending on how you make the increase. Same goes for
the cheese mass. If you increase the amount of hole by removing
cheese mass then obviously it decreases, as you say, but if you
increase the amount of hole by some other method, the cheese mass
may remain constant or it could increase.

Then there's the eternal question of what does {ni} mean. If I
understand {marji} correctly it would be used for example in
something like:

            ti marji lo cirla le ka ce'u se kevna
            This consists of some cheese shaped with holes.

I'm not sure I understand how {ni marji} gives "mass".

In any case, the whole point of the aphorism is that it's a seeming
paradox. If we resolve the paradox it loses its whole raison d'etre,
so a good translation has to maintain the apparent paradox.

co'o mi'e xorxes