Re: TECH: a very few lujvo

la nitcion e la kiolin cusku di'e

> #+++++++++>
> # cmaladyca'a: microphone (cmalu cladu cabra; I've been contemplating
 something
> #involving 'receiver', but amn't sure how to convey that in Lojban.)
> #>++++++++++
> #'cmalu' is not relevant. How about
> #selylauca'a (se cladu cabra) or
> #snaterga'eca'a (sance te ganse cabra) or even
> #tinca'a (tirna cabra)
>
> I used {cmalu} to distinguish the device from a megaphone, which is after
> all doing the same job.

They are doing different jobs. A microphone converts sound to an electr(on)ic
signal. A megaphone amplifies sound.

> I'm not enthusiastic about any of your suggestions,
> though {selylauca'a} seems the best for the job.

I like {tinca'a} most, and {selylau[r?]ca'a} least. (Is an "r" needed between
"lau" and "ca'a"?) I don't see that {cladu} has anything to do with microphones.

For "megaphone", something like:

laurgau (cladu gasnu):  g1 (g2=nu cladu) c1 c2 c3
x1 causes x2 to be loud at obs. point x3 by standard x4

laurgaurca'a  (cladu gasnu cabra): ca1=g1 (ca2=nu laurgau) cl1 cl2 cl3 ca3
x1 is an apparatus that causes x2 to be loud at x3 by standard x4,
controlled by x5

co'o mi'e xorxes