Re: Eaton: You asked for it ...

la nitcion cusku di'e

> #> irruption               (F) irruption   (G) Einbruch    (S) irrupcio'n
> #tolcanci (to'e canci) x1 irrupts/appears/materializes in location x2
>
> I'm not sure about this: the dictionaries I've looked up speak of motion
> into --- in German, in fact, it means break-in. Let's ask instead how
> to say "invade". Nothing comes to mind on my end...

gutytolcanci ?

Why can't the appearance be as a result of a motion into?
{klama} is too fat a gismu for this concept, and I can't find
anything else.

> #> patriarchal             (S) patriarcal
> #ka nakseltru (nakni se turni)
> #ka nakydzerseltru (nakni dzena se turni)
>
> The most useful definition of this term is the modern, feminist one, which
> is probably better done by {ka nakni jitro} ({turni} is not what people do
> to each other in social interaction).

I think the other one is useful as well. Maybe in different contexts.

> #> inertia                 (G) Tra:gheit   (S) inercia
> #ka sezmuvra'itra (sevzi muvdu ranji tarti)
>
> Or: ka litru na'e cenba

Travel using a vehicle???? No way. (I wouldn't use the one I proposed either)

> #> mediocre                (F) me'diocre   (G) mittelma:ssig       (S)
 mediocre
> #kampu, nalba'i (na'e banli)
>
> I don't think this is the intended meaning of {kampu} (sounds like a
> collocation that wouldn't make it into Lojban), and that's more like
 {tolba'i}.

No, it's not {tolba'i}. That's more like "insignificant" than "mediocre".
I think {nalba'i} is ok.
Also maybe {malkau} (mabla kampu)

> #> egoism (egotism?)       (F) e'goisme    (G) Selbstsucht (S) egoi'smo
> #dudnelkai (dunda nelci ckaji)  generous?
> #sezyse'u  (sevzi selfu)  egoist?
> #malsezyse'u
>
> Or malseznei, of course. What has generosity to do with ego?

They are opposites, in some shade of their meaning. (And {malseznei} is
closer to "egolatry" than to "ego(t)ism")

co'o mi'e xorxes