ADMIN: Charge cards

A note to anyone contemplating a contribution or purchase that requires
Visa or Master Card (this especially affect overseas Lojbanists who are
the biggest users of these cards for LLG contributions).  Our merchant
agreement expires at the end of October and is not being renewed, since
we would have to go to expensive electronic interchange to keep our
current account.  I expect to eventually arrange another account, but am
not sure when, since it is not exactly our highest priority and our bank
is going through a change in ownership which makes it especially hard to
find the right people to talk to about such things.

Thus, if you want to use your card to give us money, let me know quick
so I can get it processed before the end of the month.

We will still be able to take foreign cheques (i.e. written in foreign
negotiable currencies) at a charge of $3.50 per cheque, which is cheaper
than our 10% Visa charge anyway for the size of contrbution we typically
receive.