Re: TECH: "philosophy" (was: toldi nunsenva)

mi'e .djan. .i la deiv. cusku di'e

> The field of cognitive psychology deals with how people think and reason.
> This would be a natural referent for "think-science."  Philosophy is
> neither primarily about thought, nor is it a science in any sense of
> the word.

Interestingly, in a part of the TL passage which I omitted, pc discusses
the 1975 Loglan word for "psychology", which is (in Lojban form)
"trasensi", behave-science.  He criticizes this form as being too specific --
it assumes behaviorism as the dominant form of psychology (probably true
in American academia in 1969, when the first edition of L4/L5 came out).

> A much better term for philosophy would be "mother-of-sciences."

An interesting idea: "skemamta", anyone?  Probably needs to be "pevskemamta",
but that would meet Nick's point about philosophy being idiosyncratic:
use a figurative lujvo rather than a Latinate le'avla.

--
John Cowan              sharing account <lojbab@access.digex.net> for now
                e'osai ko sarji la lojban.