Re: TECH: "philosophy" (was: toldi nunsenva)

I am undecided how broad is saske, though field of knowledge can also be
covered as some lujvo of terdjuno.  This is one of those
philosophical meaning-of-words debates that I feel "Lojban Central" has no
especial right to decide. The fine line between "science" and "ology" is
too fine for me.  Too many borderlines: what about applied sciences, social
sciences, sciences like astronomy where experimentation isn't really possible,
and the question of whether mathematics is a science (it has ALSO been called
the 'mother of science'.

But whatever it means, saske has a reasonably clear place structure and the
general relationship among the places should be independent of the boundaries
one selects.  Since one of those places is a "methodology" place (x3), we
can probably afford a broader definition that the American scientific
community uses, but there has to be a systematic body of knowledge, a
discrete bounded subject (i.e. something that can be described or labelled as
a sumti) and a methodology.

lojbab