negation translation

John Cowan is proposing a change in the interpretation of {lo} and {da
poi} with negation.  I do not understand his translations into English.

According to his `Negation' paper,

    ... bridi negation has an internal form which is identical in
    meaning to the external form expressed by using "naku" in the
    prenex.  ... internal bridi negation is unlke any similar negation
    form in natural language. ... Convert the natural language
    negation to an external negation ... and then proceed. ...

Thus:

6)      lo nanmu na klama le zarci

is identical to:

    naku zo'u lo nanmu cu klama le zarci

The translation for this prenex form is:

    It is false that:  at least one man goes to the store.

This strikes me as completely different in meaning from the
translation John gave for 6):

        Some men don't go to the store.

The translation of the prenex form tells me that no men went to the
store (on the occasion, in the context); the other translation tells
me that some men might have gone to the store.

    Robert J. Chassell               bob@grackle.stockbridge.ma.us
    25 Rattlesnake Mountain Road     bob@gnu.ai.mit.edu
    Stockbridge, MA 01262-0693 USA   (413) 298-4725