Re: Cowan's summary: opacity and sumti-raising

> As for whether "mi sisku le mi cukta" should be possible, I think
> either
>   (a) it is possible & means "try to find" & because the event
>       abstraction is implicit the Lojban rules mean that it is
>       always transparent, so "mi sisku lo cukta" must mean
>       "there is a book I'm trying to find".
>   (b) it is impossible, and the x2 must be a "lenu...".
>
> I prefer (b), but the status quo wd appear to be either (a) or
> confusion.
>
> ----
> And

The status quo seems to be neither of them, but:

   (c) it is impossible, and the x2 is a {le ka...}, where the
       meaning is x1 looks for something (not quantified, thus
       possibly an opaque reference) that has property x2.

There is no place for the looked for object.

I could understand this if it never made sense to have an object
being looked for, but it does make sense, so I don't see the need
to forbid this simple expression.

Jorge