Re: 2Re: CPE: la DAOdeiJIN

la .iVAN. cusku di'e

> (Add any consonant or consonant cluster to the end to make it a cmene
> -- preferably something that doesn't occur in syllable-final position
> in Chinese, so that it will be immediately identified as a cmenifier.
> That means anything other than {-n} and {-ng}.

"-r" is a bad idea too.

> I suppose {-s} is OK;
> I wonder, though, if the final could be chosen depending on the tone,
> so that it won't be lost in the lojbanisation.)

The hypothetical derivation of tones from lost finals in Old Chinese
would suggest "-x" for Mandarin third tone and "-s" for Mandarin fourth
tone (Middle Chinese tones 3 and 5 respectively), but I don't know what
to suggest for 1st and 2nd tone.

--
John Cowan					cowan@ccil.org
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.