IRC

I certainly do welcome people attempting to communicate via IRC in/about
Lojban.  At one time their was an IRC "bot" that would serve as a gismu
lookup dictionary and which monitored that channel.  But there was too little
human use.  I'd love to see more.

There is one particular time where you WILL see IRC usage.  This weekend,
when we have the "international" gathering of Lojbanists called LogFest, we
will have ppeople attending physically on one or two computers and are
inviting the worldwide Lojban community to attend via IRC.  In the past we
have had from 3 to 5 IRC sessions lasting to 2 hours and up, with most of
the participants being international.

I have proposed the following times which are "normal" for us, at which times
we will be trying to support IRC conversation.  I believe that GMT is EDT
+ 4 hours, but if not, then believe the EDT times rather than the GMT times

Saturday, Aug 2
0930 EDT  1330 GMT
1400 EDT  1800 GMT
1800 EDT  2200 GMT
2200 EDT  0200 GMT

Sunday, Aug 3
0930 EDT  1330 GMT
1400 EDT  1800 GMT
1800 EDT  2200 GMT

These are target times, and I cannot promise that we will have people from
 LogFest on at each of them  Specifically, we have often been 15 minutes late
because when things get lively here people pay little attention to time.
We have has the most success at the early and late hours, because Nick
Nicholas in Australia, who is the most fluent user of the language is most
likely to be on at those times.

Incidentallym since the poster who asked in in the UK, I want to note that
the UK has a significantly higher density of people who aretrying to speak
the language and are willing to get together with others for such
conversation.  We have not had many of the newer Lojbanists register their
addresses and phone numbers with us, but if you do, I can try to help you
locate others who are so interested (but only AFTER LogFest will I have time
so don't expect a speedy answer %^).

If you are interested in particular in one or more of the above times, it
would be helpful to let me know so that I put a higher priority on trying to
get people here to be online.

lojbab
----