spistemological justification

>> You could perhaps build a logical argument to justify
>> you know what someone else knows, but in this case you
>> provide none in your statement.
>>
>> I would guess one uses the "epistemology x4" place for
>> a logical justification.
>
>I agree with you there, but I can't resist pointing out
>that Lojban grammar allows us to leave sumti unspecified
>when the speaker considers them either irrelevant or
>pragmatically obvious.

You can use ANY kind of justification, whether logical or illogical
in x4 of djuno.  My son knows Santa Claus exists by irrational justification,
and he probably knows Santa Claus doesn't exist because his friends have
told him that Santa Claus is really Papa.  As a result of contradictory
facts obtained by different epistemologies, he is probably not birti
(certain) that Santa Claus exists.  He may judge amongst those contradictory
epistemologies to form a se jinvi opinion regarding the existence of
Santa.  Or he may at other times simply forgo analytical considetrations and
simply krici that Santa Claus exists without attemtping to justify it via
an epistemology.  (in that sense nu krici itself can be an epistemology
for the x4 of djuno).

lojbab
----