Re: functions

> If the ref. gram. remains freely accessible via
>the net that should be sufficient for many users.

Note that the version of the refgrammar on the net is NOT the final version
as it went to print.  We do not even have a plaintext (unformatted) version
of that much less a re-HTMLized version.  Since we need to sell many more
books to break even, it is not yet a very high priority to make such a
version.

I actually am of the opinion that the textbook will not significantly stand
alone no matter how hard I moight try - you WILL need the refgrammar, and
the hardcopy will be desirable if only for ready use of the index.

The goals of the textbook will be that we don't want to REQUIRE someone to
read the refgrammar in order to even get started learning the language.
But likely to get past some minimal level of skill, we will have to refer
people across to the refgrammar simply BECAUSE it is not the place of a
textbook to provide such copious detail on every point.

lojbab
----