Re: Translation Exercise (from ConLang)

la dn cusku di'e
>'cmalu' may be able to take any property, but where will it end?  Why not
use
> 'ruble' that can take an arbitrary property as well.  Or 'kandi'.

Right, why not? What is the difference between:

                ta barda le ka mitre
                That is big in length.

                ta mutce le ka mitre
                That has much length.

Is there a difference? What other properties can be se barda?

>We are straying into the realm of semantics.  Personally, I feel that
'cmalu'
> should apply only to spatial dimensions.

I think that makes some sense, but then what is the x2 for?

> Similarly for your suggestion of
> 'klama', 'galfi' is provided for changes in properties, whereas 'klama' is
for
> spatial changes.  What is gained by confusing the two?

But galfi is different from klama. galfi has an agent, klama doesn't.
Indeed, galfi doesn't seem to have a property place.

co'o mi'e xorxes