Re: Lojban ML: Syllogism and sophism

Xorxes wrote:

> This is not so much a matter of logic but of understanding the
> process involved. Logic alone can never tell you the relationship
> between {cirla zenba} and {kevna zenba}.

That's right. I was trying to reach the most concise and complete physical
description of the linguistic contradiction. Something like a common-sense
AI description mandatorily telling apart a whole thing from its components,
and an absolute quantity change from a relative one.

   cheese.whole.quant.abs.up -> cheese.holes.quant.abs.up
   cheese.holes.quant.rel.up -> cheese.matter.quant.rel.down

Natural languages don't provide any short expression for such precisions,
not necessarily because they are obvious, but mostly because they are
fuzzily understood, which makes language manipulations so easy.

> I'm not sure what you mean by {cirla zenba kevna}, a cheese
> increasing type of hole? But in any case, there is no explicit logic
> there.

Oops, it should be {cirla cu zenba kevna}. I've made idiomatic English
constructions in all those sentences.

Thanks for your replies.

Lionel

   Lionel Bonnetier <leo@easynet.fr>   Ph: +33 478 601 862